Saturday, November 24, 2007

Brr... the sequel!

Okay, so I just emerged from my bed and it's six pm. Yay!

This morning I marched in a parade to collect toys for kids who don't have parents/can't afford them for christmas. And I had a grand 'ole time. Granted, it was freezing. Weather.com (which I tend to check religiously when winter comes around. "Will it freeze today? Awwwww... No. Again.") said "45 degrees. Feels like 37."

Um. BRR.

I was outside from about 10 until noon. And I was all bundled up. I wore tights underneath my jeans. And long socks. And about six shirts. And a hat. And a sweatshirt. AND THEN a rain coat. (And gloves.) And even through all of that, when I crawled into my bed at about half past noon it took me three hours to defrost.

I was reading a book. And by that point, I was completely engrossed in the book that I figured, what the hell, just stay in bed until you finish the book.

And I just did. I love when books end because the ending usually gives me the warm fuzzies inside. I think I might go downstairs and warm up some dinner and then start reading another book.

Maybe I'll even turn the fire on!!!

No comments: