Sunday, November 18, 2007

Gettin knitty with it


I call it, the Mushroom Flower hat. (if you look hard, you can see the bitty flower on the right side of the pic)


And it's my birthday present to me!!!


My patterny thing:


CO 88 st (I got 4 st/inch on size 10 circ needles. Of course, figure out what you need)

Work the length of your hand (from heel of hand to tip of middle finger) in K2P2 ribbing.


Decrease: (very loosely from my memory. Basically, decrease however you like.)

K2 P2 K2 P2 K2tog (repeat until end of row)

Work 1 row even

K2 P2 K2 P2tog (repeat until end of row)

Work 1 row even

K2 P2 K2 tog (repeat until end of row)

Work 2 row even

K2 K2tog (work until end of row)

Work 1 row even

K2tog all around

Work 1 row even

K2tog all around

Cut string and thread through all of your stitches (I think at the end of this I had less than 10 stitches.)


Flower:

CO 48 st

K1 BO 8 (continue until you have 7 stitches on the right needle. This is the actual pattern, I just altered it to make a bigger flower.


Sew flower onto hat, and look pretty. If the flower is small enough, you can roll the brim up and pretend the flower isn't there (and it comes right back when you want it.)

No comments: