Sunday, February 22, 2009

Meet Lawrence

Guys, I have someone for you to meet.

My faithful laptop of two years, Jessi, has officially kicked the bucket. She's been with me many places - Europe and New York, to name two - and unfortunately she met her demise yesterday when I was so stupid as to spill milk on her. (But, as they say, there is no use crying over spilled milk!)

Today, after much discussion, Mom and I decided that it was worth getting a new computer. We had been planning to get me one for next year, but it seemed that gravity and karma had another idea. So farewell, Jessi. You've been good to me.

I would like yall to meet Lawrence!


Lawrence is an HP (my first HP. I've only had Dells up to this point). He is a Pavilion DV5 Notebook, he is brown all over (which I find a nice change from black and silver) and he has simply charmed me into loving him. He has about a billion hours of battery life (well, almost 7), has a 15.4" screen and is so beyond fancy that I am just elated to have him. I went to Best Buy this morning and spent a long time debating over whether I wanted another Dell or if I wanted to go with the HP. In the end, I went with this one. (A major factor of not buying the dell was that it had a 17" screen... I can't imagine lugging that thing to class every day!)

He's pretty on top, too!

So from now on I will be blogging and facebooking and tweeting (and of course, taking notes!) from Lawrence. Hopefully, he'll last me a good long time.

No comments: