Monday, February 9, 2009

Lucky

All of you guys know how much I love my camera and it's fantastic zoom. I've taken a few photos of the Moon over the past few months and finally remembered that tonight was the full moon, and I haven't ever gotten a picture of that. So I added it to my "To Do" list and hoped for a good night - maybe even a good photo of the moon rising over the horizon. Unfortunately, my dreams were put to rest by this freak rain that occurred this morning. Of course we need the rain, we've been in a drought for nearly a year and a half now, and I am very glad that my shoes finally met some mud on the way to school this morning... but I was honestly very disappointed that it was cloudy and overcast all day. I went out earlier this evening and couldn't even see where the moon was - though I could guess. Mom even blogged and gave me a photo of the moon from where she is. (Thanks Mom!) And I waited, and waited... watched the Daily Show and the Colbert Report and then saw my camera sitting sadly on the table. Waiting. Mourning, even.

I ducked outside (just in case) and saw that the moon was out and only covered by a thin layer of hazy clouds! So I dashed back in, grabbed my Fancy Camera and my tripod and set it up... et voila!


The moon, la luna, in all her glory. I hope to get out there on a perfectly clear night someday and get a really, really good and clear shot... but for now I am perfectly happy with this lovely, if hazy, full moon. I kind of like the haze effect, though. Don't you?

(So Mom... think you can blog about how I completely failed all my exams this week? Because if you do, with this 'moon logic' it means I'll ace them.)

No comments: