Saturday, February 14, 2009

A Blog about Rusty (and Carly) and Knitting

(Rusty is helping me blog tonight!)



Tonight I am babysitting for Rusty, my favorite babysitting charge, and when I showed up today I was met with a new, sweet, and fuzzy nose at my knee.

Rusty (in the month that I have been at school in San Antonio) has acquired a rescue dog and named it Carly. When asked why he named her Carly, he said, "I don't know - it just kinda came to me."

Carly is a sweet little doggy, about seven months old. Her birthday is July 21st. The poor dog has some arthritis problems and had to have surgery about a week ago and so she is stuck looking like a flashlight for a while.



(Somehow, I think looking like a flashlight looks better than a baked potato.)



Carly is brown and white and she has a cone on so she doesn't worry her stitches from her hip surgery.

Tonight, Rusty and I have played with cameras and also played a round of Old Maid. We also played 'Naptime' which is my favorite game. ;) We then proceeded to make those paper fortune tellers... but we usually never actually finish them. We usually fold the paper, unfold the paper, and then draw all over the triangles!



(Now, an hour and a half later, I've put Rusty to bed and Comedy Central is distracting me from doing homework that desperately needs to be done. Yuck.)

This afternoon was awesome. I went out to lunch with Mom and Aunt Leslie and we met at Waterloo, which is always good. (Except for that one peppercorn blue cheese burger I had. It was pretty heavy on the peppercorn.)

This afternoon, I went to a "Texas Loves Ravelry" afternoon at the Knitting Nest, which was a celebration and thanks for the team that runs the website Ravelry. There were prize givings, lots of people being social and (of course!) lots of knitting. I spent two or three hours there, finished a sock, bought some delicious malabrigo sock yarn with the money that Gramma gave me for Valentines day (Thanks, Gramma!) and actually won a doorprize of a little toy, some lovely mahogany straight needles, and an alpaca and wool Cascade blend that is purple and would make lovely mittens. (I think they will become mittens. They are calling to me...)

The house is quiet now, and I have some more homework to get done now.

No comments: