Thursday, February 5, 2009

iTunes and Taken

Wondering where I've been? Not writing my essay, thanks for asking. I got a flood of emails and calls from yall, giving me all sorts of advice... and I really took it to heart. Thanks, guys. It means a lot to me to know that you're out there and care about me so much.

What I have been doing is putting off my work with a honed expertise. It's not procrastinating if I actually intend to do it, is it?

Last night, I decided - because I had no imminent work due the next day - that I would do a little bit of a weeding and cleanup-yness of my iTunes library. Those of you who follow me on Twitter (which is everyone, of course! Right? Right?) would have seen a lot of iTunes related tweets last night. Nearly five hours worth of tweets, actually.

I wiped my entire library clean. All of my music is on my external hard drive now. Want to know exactly how much music I have? (The 'five hours' clue should have been an indicator, by the way.)

I have this many!

(Ooh lookit my fancy screenshot clip! I just discovered that I can do that like a month ago. :D Boy, I wish I could do screenshots of life. Oh wait, that's my camera. Speaking of which, want to see something funny?


Am I really? Driving on a road? Thanks Gladice. You are a very informative GPS system and I appreciate how hard you work for me.)

Anyway. Did you see those numbers? I have thirteen and a half days worth of music. That, my friends, is 324 hours 55 minutes and 23 seconds worth of music. So no wonder it took so long to get all of that into my library! (Ooh, and did you catch the part where I said that I weeded my library? As in, that's the music that I want in my library, not even the stuff that I don't care about and never listen to.)

But wait, you think the fun stops there? No, my friends. It gets even better! Now that I've weeded and sorted it on my computer, I have to get it back onto my iPod! But first, I have to download the new software update (15 mins), put the new software update in my iPod (30 mins), wipe my iPod of the old stuff (7 mins), and put everything back on to my iPod (4 hours).

(4 hours is how long it took me. Time includes walking to and from class.)

And that, my friends, is my story about iTunes. Want to know what else I was talking about in my title up there?

Mom was nice enough to drive down here this evening and we went out to dinner (it was alright - nothing spectacular) and to see a movie. Tonight's choice: Taken. We probably wouldn't have seen it, except that my french professor offered extra credit if we went and saw it and wrote a short paragraph about it (in French) to turn in by tomorrow. (The movie was filmed in Paris and was directed by a French guy - Pierre something.) It was really frustrating to write the paragraph in French, especially because I kept diving into my brain and bringing up how to write it in Spanish. I could have written a whole essay about it in Spanish... but in French I only know the present and past perfect tenses. (Past perfect = "I have been here".) It makes for a very entertaining time of rephrasing and inventing new ways to say things.

The general consensus is that it was a good movie. When we came out of the movie mom said, "You're never going to Europe again." A joke, of course, but I am glad that that movie did not come out before last summer... I think Mom worried enough about me as it was! I am glad that I was able to see Taken in the theater - I don't think you can get the same experience on a smaller TV. (Plus, Liam Neeson's voice - oosh. He could read me the phonebook and make me weep.)

Well, Mom's called me and told me that she's home and I'm finished with all of my work for the night... So now it is time for me to take a shower and get to bed!

No comments: