Sunday, August 10, 2008

Where's Stefanie?


I refuse to tell you where I am. You should know this kind of thing by now.

I will, however, tell you that this is Salisbury Cathedral. It is 750 years old, and was actually constructed in 35 years or something of the like. (There's that camera angle again...)

It houses one of the four remaining copies of the Magna Carta. Which I saw (!!!!!) but was not able to take a picture of. It was in fantastic condition. You could read absolutely every word... except that it was Latin, and most of it was abbreviated... so I couldn't read what it said. The reason it was in such good condition is that it was accidentally misfiled for several centuries, and so it wasn't scrutinized or put under harsh lighting or anything. (Whoops.)

And this is the oldest working clock. It is from medieval times. It has no face or anything, but it ticks every five seconds and it chimes the hour.

And this is the Poultry Cross. It is where farmers would come and sell their poultry and meat. Personally, I believe that this is where the chicken crossed the road. (Get it?! Ha ha ha, I crack myself up.)

1 comment:

Siobhan Julia said...

Oooh! I love Stonehenge. I visited it when I was like, 8?
Good to see you're having a good time :D