Sunday, August 24, 2008

Some new additions

Today...

("Yes, today?")

Abby and I went to Wally World (Wal Mart) and HEB and bought more stuff that we needed... Such as a shower curtain (the outer bit), a kitchen trash can, spoons, a welcome mat, and groceries. So now, we have groceries in our fridge! Yaaay! At least more than sodas and stuff. We got food staples like flour, sugar, salt, rice, pasta, butter, etc. Look how full that fridge is!


We bought salt and pepper shakers and an air wick thing that sprays apple scent every half hour. Now our apartment smells like apple instead of some sort of cigarette smoke remnants. (We think that people who smoked lived here last year.)


And we bought a shower curtain that looks like a jungle!


And we also got a welcome mat that is just so adorable! It was like $2.50 and we think it's just the cutest thing!!


And while we were chilling at our apartment tonight before a building meeting, I started to draw up a schedule for my classes... and it turned out really cute! So this'll go in my room. Probably on my spiffy new bulletin board. Look how fabulous it is. I start at 9 and finish at 2 every day. And I get like 2(ish) hours every day for lunch.


I know I haven't been here very long and I haven't gotten used to this whole college thing yet, but I love having this apartment. It's my own place... and I'm proud of how it looks. I wash dishes when I use them, I make my bed, I wipe the kitchen table when it is dirty... I want to make it my home for the year. I have no idea what it will be like in several months after I have lived here for a while, but I am really enjoying living here. I have lived in the same house for so long I didn't know how I would react to leaving and starting my life elsewhere.

So far, it's great.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dishes - you?! making your bed - YOU?! I am going to faint.

hope you clued Abby in to use your alias at W*W - wouldn't want anyone to recognize you there, you know.
luv,
Mom