Saturday, July 12, 2008

I'm in Poland!!

Hello everyone!

This will be a short blog (with no pictures) but I want to let everyone know that I arrived safely in Poland. I had quite an experience this afternoon in the Airport, just because it wasn't really clear where I should go and what lines to stand in... so I made it to my flight with less time than I would have wanted (not enough to stand in line at the WH Smith and buy maltesers and a dr pepper. I suppose that was for the better.) and everything went smoothly from there. The flight from England to Poland only lasted two hours, so I happily read a book for the entire two hours and barely noticed the time passing. 

I made it through passport control (with my British passport and my American accent) without any problems, collected my things at baggage claim and then I met Niki and her mother outside the terminal. It was really cool to see someone I know from Texas in another country! 

I will blog about my daily experiences here... so you all will have no shortage of photobucket pictures or blogs to peruse in the coming weeks. Things will go by pretty quickly for the rest of the month. Hold on to your hats!

(...As an aside, I logged onto the Blogger website and it recognized that I am in Poland and everything popped up in Polish. I stared at it for a good minute before I recognized that I couldn't read it.)

1 comment:

Sally Comes Unraveled said...

I'm jealous, but glad you're having some good time. And be sure to let us know if you visit some good yarn shops. ;)