Saturday, December 31, 2011

Breakathon Readathon Review: The Name of the Star


Fresh out of my mood for fluff, I dove right back into the action plot! I elected to read another Maureen Johnson book that I acquired a few months ago and absolutely devoured this book. The story was dark, but not quite as dark as Hunger Games, but the violence and threat of danger was similar, which I liked. In the story, someone is recreating the Jack the Ripper murders, but while most of the murders are caught on the network of CCTV cameras in London, the killer is never visible. The main character gets involved with a special unit of the police force, and helps track down the copycat killer... I read most of it on my way out to California, and can't wait to read the next one in the series! Unfortunately, it's not due to come out for some time, so we'll see...

Likelihood I'll reread: 90% (probably when the next book is released?)
Likelihood I'll recommend: 80%

-----

Total Pages: 3278

No comments: