Saturday, December 24, 2011

Breakathon Readathon Review: Seriously, I'm Kidding


This popped up in my reading list in an unexpected manner. I needed a break from The Hunger Games (which isn't to say I don't still love them - I guess I just needed some time to absorb the plot twists) and this book provided exactly what I needed. On a similar vein to reading Tina Fey's autobiography and the Daily Show's book, Ellen's was an excellent read. Along with the other two books, I feel like Ellen's voice was easily able to shine through the text of the book, and I happily devoted a few hours to reading and enjoying. It features a combination of stories from her life (which you take with a grain of salt) to imaginary letters to mall cops about how it really wasn't her fault she broke the vase in Pottery Barn, to imaginary conversations between someone named Suzie and a Psychic ("Do you want some more water?" "Yes, thank you!" "I knew that already.") to practical advice on how to become a billionaire ("1. Make lots of money, 2. Don't spend it"). I loved reading it, and, with its short chapters it'd be easy to pick up again and read a few pages in the future.

Likelihood will reread: 90% (like I said, bits and pieces)
Likelihood will recommend to others: 95% (if they like this sort of book)

-----

Total page count: 2180

No comments: