Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Breakathon Readathon Review: Earth (The Book)


This was a diverting read, and an excellent change of pace after all of the fiction I have been reading. I don't have much to say about it, other than that I was totally engrossed in Jon Stewart's humor the entire time. It was witty, off-beat, and just self-detrimental enough (of humans as a race, as opposed to only of himself) to keep me giggling away on my couch all afternoon. The premise of the book is that it is a visitor's guide to Earth, so that aliens, when they come to Earth long after we have totally destroyed it, can get a sense for what was - who lived here? What did they do? What did they like? How did they work? You know - everything we've been trying to figure out about our ancestors and potential aliens alike... but in convenient travel guide format. There was a brief introduction to just about everything - from religion, to culture, to land masses, to major scientists of the last three hundred years.

Likelihood I'll reread: 50% (probably just portions when I am bored)
Likelihood I'll recommend to others: 35% (if the topic is raised)

-----

Page count: 1549

No comments: