Monday, December 26, 2011

Breakathon Readathon Review: Mockingjay


So... I finally finished Mockingjay just before Christmas. It was a relief to finally come to the end of the third book - it was a roller coaster from the get-go, and the second book left off at a really awful cliffhanger. In what must have been my infinite wisdom (of course) I am glad I left reading these until they were all published. I would have been a wreck if I hadn't had this one at my disposal. Similarly to the first two, I read about forty or fifty pages and then put it down for a while. Some things just need time to settle - and these books, more than most I've read before, need time to settle. They're violent, weighty, dark, and absolutely unrelenting... and I absolutely loved every page. I even shed a tear. I won't say when, you'll see.

Likelihood I'll reread: 100% (Absolutely)
Likelihood I'll recommend: 100% (Already happened many times in the last two days. I want everyone to read them so we can talk about them!)

-----

Total page count: 2570

No comments: