Thursday, December 1, 2011

Penultimate Day of Classes Blog

(Too bad I didn't write this blog yesterday, otherwise I would have gotten to use one of my favorite obscure words: Antepenultimate. The third to last in a series.)

I have some photographs to share - as is my way, is it not?

I've been trundling along the end of the semester - through the biannual Finals Cold (I always seem to get sick. Stress colds, I suppose.) This semester isn't so awful as previous ones - things are nice and spread out. I guess I'm just ready to be done with these classes.

Tomorrow, 12/2: Exam.
Monday, 12/5: Paper (15-20 pages)
Monday, 12/13: 3 Essays (2000 words, 750 words, 750 words)

On my way to work the other day, I saw a camel.

Yep, that's a camel.

It's part of a "living nativity" thing that this church at Bee Caves and MoPac do every year. Every year I forget about it, and so inevitably I drive through through the light thinking, "Was that a camel?!" I pointed it out to Emma after I'd picked her up, and she said, "I LOVE camels!"

She's a bright girl. She also saw the moon the other day and said, "The MOON. Isn't it BEAUTIFUL, Stefanie? Stefanie, the moon came out to say hello to you!"

How could anyone NOT like gratuitous pictures of Emma?
Also, Emma can recognize some letters now. My hart practically bursts every time I show her the letter E and she proudly says, "That's E. E for Emma!" And to show how SUPER smart she is, she also recognizes S. "S for Stefanie!"

My new current favorite picture of her. Emma LOVES to swing.

Every time I tell her it's bath time, she looks at me very seriously and sais, "This is Emma's last bath. No more baths."

And the other day, I was eating a snack with her and she looked directly at me, pointed her finger, and said (through a mouthful of banana), "Stefanie, chew."

Miss Emma also knows how to operate an iPad. She can unlock it, find her favorite TV shows, and start and stop episodes. All by herself. I watched her go through like six different Dora the Explorer episodes before she decided on which one she wanted. I knew Apple products were intuitive, but I guess I underestimate the toddler population! (She loves to play with the volume. I love to snuggle with her and read a book while she watches Dora.)

She's such a big girl. Look at her a year ago!

Miss Emma still can't eat yogurt without being messy. Not much changes, except now she has more hair. (And she can speak better this year. And she has more teeth. And she...)
Miss Emma will be THREE soon. Don't talk to me about it.

-----

I went to see my asthma doctor the other day. Ever the sample-giver, he gave me a sample of my favorite kind of inhaler. The usual number of doses in an inhaler is 206, but this one is MINI. It only has 65. AND IT'S MINI.


Really, it just supports my theory that everything is more awesome in its miniature form: muffins, sharpies, squashes (my roommate gave me a mini acorn squash the other day!) And now, inhalers.

-----

I have some thank you notes to send out for my birthday presents. Mom gave me these stickers last weekend (since her last name no longer begins with a P) and I thought it would be ULTRA CLASSY to put them on.


Don't they just SCREAM classy?

We also determined that I must be an adult if I send thank you cards with absolutely no prompting from her. 

Well, crap... 

----- 

Also, tomorrow's my last day of classes. Where did the semester go?

No comments: