Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Challenge: Breakathon Readathon

My roommate and I have a bit of a competition going on over the break. We call it: The Breakathon Readathon.

Rules:

  1. No Harry Potter. Or Twilight, for that matter. 
  2. No rereading things over the break (but you can reread books you have read before.)
  3. Try to stay away from audiobooks, but they are allowed.


During our break from school, we are to read as much as possible. We're quantifying it by page number, so the idea is to just read, and read a lot. I am challenging myself to read as many books that I haven't read before, (with the exception of one or two, because it's been many years since I've read them!) For some added fun, I'll be writing reviews of the books I read, too. I'll give you an updated page count, too.

Interested in what's on my list? They cover a wide array of genres... Here's a list of the books I've pulled from my shelf:


  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes, Maureen Johnson (I have to finish this one - I started it months ago!)
  • The Last Little Blue Envelope, Maureen Johnson (Presumably I'll want to read it, as it's the sequel!)
  • Name of the Star, Maureen Johnson (Because I got it months ago and it has been EATING AT ME that I haven't been able to read it yet!)
  • An Abundance of Katherines, John Green (I've been meaning to read this for ages - I've loved his other books and this is just on my list.)
  • Looking for Alaska, John Green (Same as the above reason!)
  • The Hunger Games, Suzanne Collins (I have heard that this is an AMAZING read.)
  • Catching Fire, Suzanne Collins (Presumably, I will have to read this one, because it's the sequel to Hunger Games)
  • Mockingjay, Suzanne Collins (The last book in the Hunger Games trilogy... same reason as above)
  • Lover Eternal, J.R. Ward (Because I read the first one and borrowed this from Ally months ago and should probably return it. Also, throwing in a romance novel seems like a good idea for a change of pace.)
  • Lola and the Boy Next Door, Stephanie Perkins (I loved her first book, Anna and the French Kiss, so I picked this one up a few months ago and have been meaning to start)
  • The Hobbit, J.R.R. Tolkien (Because the movie is coming out next year, because I haven't read it since I was 14... because I just want to read it again, okay?) 
  • All Wound Up, Stephanie Pearl-McPhee (The latest in the Yarn Harlot's collection of knitting-related books, so naturally it's on my list.)
  • Bossypants, Tina Fey (Over Thanksgiving break, I watched all five seasons of 30 Rock, and since then I have been a teensy bit obsessed with Tina Fey...)
  • Earth (The Book), Jon Stewart (Sort of linked to my obsession with Tina Fey, in that it's a book written by a comedian and looks hilarious!)
So that's the list right now, and by no means will I be sticking to the order! It will in all likelihood change! Any suggestions for books I should read?

No comments: