Thursday, December 29, 2011

Breakathon Readathon Review: Lola and the Boy Next Door



I needed a good mental break after finishing Mockingjay due it's super intense plotline, very little humor, and unrelenting action, and I chose to mentally vacation in some good, reliable, Young Adult fluff. Now, it's not that this story has nothing going for it - far from it - it has a clear message, likable, well-developed characters, and an appropriate happy ending. I love Stephanie Perkins' style, and I especially love that characters from her first novel (Anna and the French Kiss, which I read earlier this year in more or less one evening) feature prominently in this one. It was a funny, rewarding story, and a delightfully quick read.

Likelihood I'll reread: 70%
Likelihood Ill recommend: 75%

-----

Total pages: 2908

No comments: