Friday, December 16, 2011

Breakathon Readathon Review: Bossypants



What an absolutely hilarious read! I’ve noticed in the past that, when I obsess about something, I immediately go for the roots. With Lord of the Rings, it was learning everything I could about the history of Middle-Earth… with 30 Rock, it was reading this autobiography. Since reading Tolkien’s biography for my paper, I’ve been on a bit of a (auto)biography hunt, and certainly Tina Fey’s was everything that I hoped it would be, and more. I could hear her voice leap right out of the text. I laughed out loud many a time, (which is a big thing for me! I am a silent reader... Most of the time I am the idiot reading in public who is beaming like a ray of sunshine at the happy ending or pulling the same faces as the character in the story). Anyway, I got everything I wanted from this book - including some really great embarrassing photos, highly amusing anecdotes, and a generous dose of her trademark humor - and I recommend it very highly.

Likelihood it will be reread: 95%

Likelihood I will try to recommend it to others, so I can talk about it to them: 75%

-----

Page count: 288

No comments: