Sunday, May 31, 2009

Writeaversary

Tonight, just a short blog to commemorate the day!

Today is my sixth "Writeaversary". I celebrate May 31 every year as the day that I started writing (more than just what was required for school) six years ago. I still remember the day and the week preceding very vividly... the flurry of "Wow, there's a whole WORLD out there!" The opportunities available to me shocked me, but I feel like I have since risen to meet them.

I am a dork in many ways (Come on. Writeaversaries?), but May 31 is an important day to me. To me, it means the day that I discovered my passion; the day that began the walking down the path that I have chosen.

Today was wonderful. I baked myself a cake yesterday (Fudge marble with fudge icing... mmm...), I hung out with Brandlyn (we watched "Batman Forever" on VHS, swam a bit, and went to Target) and tonight I went to eat dinner with Mike and Mom (Mike grilled some chicken and it was delish!)

May 31, 2003 was a good day. I hope that all of my May 31st's from now on are just as wonderful.

No comments: