Monday, May 4, 2009

Final Exam #2: English

Well, Freshman Composition... technically. Not really English.

The way that my composition final works is that they give us a packet of readings (five or six articles over both sides of an issue) that we have to read before the final and then write an essay over during the allotted time for the final. The things is, while we are given the readings (and thus, the topic) we aren't given the prompt until we get there. I had a bet with myself (ten bucks!) that my prompt would be a proposal and that it would take me an hour and a half to write. Well, I lost my bet, so I technically owe myself ten bucks, because it was a persuasive essay and it took me 1:45 to write.

The topic was whether civil service should be mandated by the government. I decided that I was against this and managed to write four pages about how I was against this. It was very easy to take a "that's unconstitutional!" standpoint... and so I did. There's not really much else to tell.

Dunno if you've noticed, but writing has never exactly been a weak point of mine... so I was not expecting to be challenged. And I wasn't.

My next final is Geology on Wednesday, but I think that I will take a nap then continue on with what Hermione told me to do. (For the record, I am still accomplishing what I said I would!)

Well, Abby has just informed me that she wants to do some moving, so we're going to load up my car with some of her stuff and take it to her house. So much for taking a nap! (No... I did offer her my car. So I did expect it.)

No comments: