Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Final Exam #3: Geology

I knew that this final would be easy and I was not disappointed. While it was longer than I expected (61 questions instead of the usual 50) I finished it in about half an hour or so. (I am a naturally fast test-taker) and I was one of the first thirty or so students to finish the exam. There were only about seven-ish questions that I guessed on... and I feel comfortable enough to say that they were probably good guesses.

I needed to do well on this exam to get a decent grade in the class and I really think that I was able to achieve that grade. The extra questions he added on to the end were a definite cushion for me, because there were a few questions toward the end about faults and folds that I probably should have studied a little harder.

The last six questions of the exam were bonus questions and were a "survey" for the university to see what we had studied throughout the semester. Two of them were astronomy. (Picture me dusting off my shoulders and looking smug here, because that is honestly what I felt like doing when I came to that part of the exam!)

I was not pleased having to wake up at 9 this morning, seeing as I've been happily sleeping to about 10 or 11 every day and lounging about and reading until noon or later... but oh well. I have to wake up at the same time tomorrow and earlier the next. We have a lot of coffee in the cupboards!

Tomorrow's exam will be History and Friday's is Astronomy. Time to make myself some tea and start studying...

No comments: