Wednesday, April 1, 2009

What's that thing in the East?


Oh yeah, it's the sunrise. Haven't seen that in a while.

I rarely see the parking lot this empty... I walked straight through it today diagonally. I usually have to zigzag through the hundreds of cars. It turns out that 7:00AM is THE time to find prime parking.

Constellation session this morning went really well, and though there were scattered cirrus clouds (aren't those the feathery ones?) clouds that occasionally blocked our view, we were able to see a lot of the normal things. Big dipper, north star, a binary star, and a few constellations. And this time it wasn't so cold that I have to come home and defrost.

I hung around and chatted with the two astronomy professors (who called me masochistic for coming so often... this was my fourth!) and my professor for this semester gave me permission to skip class this afternoon. I plan on using that time to sleep!

I dragged two of my classmates off to another building to do the homework we have due this week after the session. It took all of 15 minutes and then complained the whole time. ("I just want to go back to bed!", "The sun isn't up!") But we got it done and they'll have homework to turn in this time.

Honestly, I'm not sure whether or not I'm going to go to my morning classes. I know that I should, but I haven't (really) slept in nearly 24 hours. I took a nap, but that hardly counts.

Oh yeah! I forgot to pick up a newspaper yesterday, but I grabbed one this morning and my latest article is on the front page again! Here's the link if you want to read it.

Well, I have yet to crash, but we shall see what happens as the caffeine from the coffee I made 3 hours ago wears off. Good morning to all! :D

No comments: