Tuesday, March 31, 2009

One Day in the Life of Stefanie

I had an idea this morning, and I'm going to try it out. Today, I will do a blog (written throughout the day, but posted at the end) of my day. I guess one of the points of this is to get yall some more pictures, but another is that I know that some of you really are interested in my day-to-day habits. Where do I walk? How late do I sleep? (9:36 this morning, because someone called me.) So here it is. A photojournalistic experience of my day.

(I have a very odd feeling that this will either be a dreadfully dull or possibly successful blog. I suddenly realize that I may be a really boring person...)

The morning began early for a Tuesday. Sometime around 7:30 (maybe?) I was woken up by the pounding angry rain and what sounded like hail hitting my window. I remember thinking "I don't want to walk to class in that," before rolling over and falling asleep again.

Then I woke up again at 8:15 when Abby opened the door and went outside for something. (I later learned she was taking out the trash.) And then again at 8:30 when my alarm went off. And I finally gave up at sleeping at 9:36, when someone from UTSA called and (I think) asked me if I wanted to participate in something next semester. I tried to sound awake as I could while saying, "I'm sorry, I'm transferring to UT in the fall," before tossing my phone to the end of my bed and picking my computer up off the floor to check my emails.


By that time I had completely forgotten about the rain. Mostly because it looked like this outside:


The only evidence of it was this little puddle in the shade...



I played piano a bit. (I'm perfecting Bella's Lullaby right now. I am glad I already memorized it, since I left the sheet music at home after spring break.)


I got dressed. (Tshirt and jeans, as per usual.)


I shut the open windows. (It was nice to get the cool morning air into the apartment this morning.)


And then I made my way to class.

Along the way, I found more evidence of rain (Those puddles were definitely NOT there yesterday).

I passed through the parking garage...


I passed the construction on the way past the science building. (They're rebuilding or remodeling the financial aid office or something.)



I took a photo of the flags that always look so pretty against the blue sky.

I passed through the Sombrilla,


and I got to my class. Today, the professor is wearing a green shirt and hat ensemble. I have a blurry picture to illustrate. (That is what he does when he is opening all of the 10 different powerpoints he uses to teach.)


We talked about nuclear waste and the history of nuclear energy today in Geology. Somehow, I think the topic is less interesting than rocks, but then again it's an important subject and a lot of debate is going on about it now.

Spent the fifteen minutes before my history reading through my notes. Had a test in History class today. And then I spent 20 minutes actually taking the test. (Needless to say, it wasn't a very LONG test.) It was all about the country after Washington's presidency and up until Jackson's presidency. After the test (it was easy-peasy) I walked home.

Along the way, I saw about two square feet of bluebonnet-covered grass, and it made me happy. That little patch is my little patch of home.


When I got home, I grabbed my purse and went to Target, where Brandlyn called me and where I also picked up a copy of the next Charlaine Harris book. (It's been out for a while, but it just came out in paperback today. I knew that if I started reading the hardback copy, I'd have to buy it.)

I took a 2 hour nap in preparation of a long night and made pasta for dinner. I played runescape for a while (Look at my mad screenshot skills!) (And as an aside? Duncan, if you notice my skills, I officially have pwned you in the face.)


It is now the end of the day (well, 11:00) and I've been writing this blog for almost twelve hours now. It's not the end of MY day, in any case, because my day is going to last a lot longer. I usually stay up really late anyway, but tomorrow morning there is a constellation session at 4:30am and I plan on being up before the sun rises! I'm going to set my alarm for Dark o'clock in case I fall asleep, but if I don't I have a date with my coffee maker at Dark o'clock anyway.

Believe it or not, I learned something today while toting around my lovely red camera (that I still love... Thanks, Mike!) and really taking a look at where I am and what I do every day. I don't do a lot every day, but I do lead a good life.

I have all sorts of things to do between now and 4:30 in the morning, but for now? Blog done. Hope you enjoyed my day as much as I did!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

loved your day sweetie! can't wait to see you at Easter. do you have the 2nd twilight book for me to borrow??
luv Mom