Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Filler Blog

I am back in school in San Antonio, and, thankfully, the rest of my spring break was rather uneventful. I went to Dad's house for dinner, I had a movie night with Mom, I went to Target with Brandlyn, and I babysat for Rusty. All of these added up to make my spring break a lot better. And despite the fact it was freezing over the weekend (well, 40 degrees...), I got back alright. It rained pretty solidly for about three days, too. I can't remember the last time it rained... Last August it rained a bit.

I have a window again in my car, and as fun as it is to keep finding bits of broken glass stuck in the crevices of my seat, I think when I go home for Easter I'm going to break out a vacuum and do something about it.

Right now, I'm waiting for my Geology class to start. I've got a bag of peanuts (my current snack of choice) and a cheese stick in my bag (my other current snack of choice) to nibble on during class and I'm ready to start learning about whatever we're doing next. We've just finished doing minerals (like diamonds). I like this class. (I just looked around and noticed that, though we have 400 people enrolled for the class, something like 150 are here.)

Oh look, the professor just walked in. I swear, he wears a different hat every day. Today's is blue. He always comes into class five minutes late wearing an oversized button up shirt, baseball hat, and carrying a grande cup of some kind of Starbucks drink. I like his teaching style - it's really fun to listen to him lecture.

Well, even if class won't start for another fifteen minutes or so while he chats with his TA, I suppose I should open a word document and get ready to take notes. Or play solitaire for a bit... that's always an option.

No comments: