Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Shattered Glass and Fingerprints

Ten bucks you had a better Monday than I did.

The day started off pleasant enough. I had some cottage cheese and apple butter for breakfast (yum!) and then picked up a friend, dropped things off at Goodwill, the thrift shop, and half price books (I am $24 richer!) and then saw Watchmen (which, while a bit gory and gross at times, gave me a lot of food for thought. It's worth a watch.) and had some ice cream... and then...

BAM.


Glass everywhere. A distinct breeze through my car. Well shit.


Sometime between 3:30 and 7:15, my car was broken into an my GPS system stolen. Which sucks. I don't necessarily only mourn the loss of the GPS system, useful and nice as it was to have, I'm just so irritated with the inconvenience that whoever did this created.


I mean, I can handle a broken window... but come on. Only one window and a GPS system? You couldn't have stolen something else and made my irritation and frustration and 4 hour wait outside a movie theater a little more worth it?

We called the cops at about 7:20. Nobody was available to talk to me until 9:40. They called back at about 10:20 and said that they'd sent someone out, who didn't arrive until 11:00.


Finally, at 11pm, as I was preparing to leave in a huff of frustration and exhaustion, a policeman showed up and dusted my car for prints. (On the plus side, Officer Stefan - aside from the fact he's got an awesome name, only two letters away from being the best name ever - was really cute! Probably in his early 30s, though... Kerry-Lynn, I've found you a great husband!)


He found some really good prints (the ones on the far right) that were new and in a place that I honestly would never think to touch my car. He dusted a black powder all over the door and then took the tape off. They were nearly perfect. I hope they come back as whoever did it.

Now, at 12:20, I am exhausted but I have to go eat something. I've only eaten cottage cheese, ice cream, a soda or two, and some coffee today... I am starving! Hopefully they'll find who did it, or my GPS system, or even that they're sorry they made me wait for 4 hours... I don't know. I can't think straight with this lack of food...

No comments: