Thursday, April 16, 2009

Ouch

There's a handy new feature for blogger, where people can blog via text message. I decided to register my phone for it, although the likelihood of me blogging from my phone is quite slim, but you never know. I could be somewhere and breaking news will occur. I don't have a problem tweeting from my phone, but if I'm going to blog I'd like to make it a little more in-depth. It's what I owe to you, my readers, who read my blog for, ya know, the content.

But anyway. So I registered my phone for mobile blogging, and I received this text message in return:



Does that hurt anyone else? Am I alone in believing that abrvtng ur wrds s, lik so annoyng? Sure, I'll lol and brb, but I really don't like internet speak. As a person who speaks English, it bothers me. As a person who likes to write, it bothers me too. And as a person who is doing her darndest to get on a path toward editing for a living, it REALLY bothers me.

I miss vowels. Thanks, bloggr.

No comments: