Thursday, April 9, 2009

Monday, Friday, Friday

Is it just me, or does every day feel like a Friday this week? And not even the good "Oh, I can finally relax, cause it's Friday!" kind of Friday, but the "Gosh how long is this week going to last?" Friday. I've woken up every day feeling disappointed that the week isn't over yet.

I do have a reason for anticipating Friday, and it's not because of my weekly date with an afternoon nap. I'm going home on Friday, and I'm really excited about seeing my family. It's Easter Weekend, and I am glad I can spend it with my family.

My week has gone well, if slowly. On Monday I took an Astronomy test (no grade on that yet) and on Tuesday I took a Geology test (I got a B) and my next test is a History test, which is in two weeks. And after that.... Final exams. I can't believe I'm almost done with my freshman year of college, but it sure feels good.

Over spring break, I was interviewed for a nanny position by a family with a beautiful daughter named Emma, and since then I have been waiting anxiously for an answer from them. Jenny, the mother, called me this morning and told me that I had the job, and I am very excited and relieved to have an answer. Emma was born in January, and will be the youngest child I have ever cared for. I am really looking forward to my summer, now! And like Mom told me this morning, "Now you can focus on exams!" (Yay?)

Speaking of things my mother says that amuse me, I told her about an article I read in the New York Times yesterday and she replied with, "You've started reading the New York Times?" Yeah, I know. Crazy, right? I guess I'm growing up.

Well, I have a busy day, today... a Paisano meeting and I'm meeting a girl tonight to work on a French project.

Geology class is in full swing now. (The professor is wearing a blue UTSA hat today, by the way.) We're still talking about nuclear waste. I suppose I should take notes.

2 comments:

Cara said...

Call me anytime sweetie - my sole purpose in life is to amuse you with my cleverness and wit! LOL
Can't wait to see you tomorrow!
kisses!

Becky said...

I'm so glad it worked out! Emma is a sweetie pie. I'll be studying for the bar with Jenny, so I'm sure I'll see you around this summer.