Thursday, April 23, 2009

Another Blog before Geology

So here I am, sitting in the lecture hall and blogging before my Geology class again. I have created the habit, have I not?

The week has gone by more or less uneventfully. I have gone to my classes, started studying for finals (which start in NINE DAYS) and finished a sock (which I will photograph when the pair is finished.)

The weird thing about this week is that I am so ready for finals that I seem to have zoomed ahead to nine days from now and can't concentrate on normal stuff: stuff like remembering what day it is, what we did in class yesterday, and what finals are cumulative. (In case you were wondering, I just remembered that my Geology final is the only non-cumulative one. This pleases me.)

Tomorrow, there is a half-day holiday (for a reason which I am completely unaware of) which means, like you may have noticed on my Twitter, means that I can hit the road back to Austin at a decent hour and not feel guilty about it. I was planning on going to my Astronomy class anyway, but I certainly wasn't looking forward to the traffic around 3:30-4ish.

Speaking of Astronomy, my last article for the Paisano is online right now! It's an article about the open constellation sessions that the astronomy and physics department here on campus is planning to do. They're opening the telescopes to the public and teaching people about stars, planets, and constellations around once a month. If I weren't goint to UT, I would definitely be attending!

Well, class is now in full swing, so I suppose I should pay attention now! (We're talking about renewable energy alternatives today.)

No comments: