Monday, February 25, 2008

A sock! And an announcement

Isn't she beautiful?

And there's her brother sitting next to her. (Hey. Purple can be manly.) The yarn Sushi Socks by The Unique Sheep... The flavor is "Morning Glory". It's part bamboo but it's got superwash in it... which means they're (drumroll) MACHINE WASHABLE! (wooooooo!) The stitch is the Bamboo sock.

So Purple Sock is all done. I finished her the other night when those boys were in my room. I'm proud of her... Two weeks ago during my Desktop Publishing class it took me 45 minutes to wind that ball. That is the biggest friggen ball of yarn I have ever seen. It's 386 yards! The sock I just made barely made a dent in the ball.

So... LOVE MY SOCK.

And on to part two of this blog...

I'm leaving for the next few days. Tomorrow after school I'm going to go on a spiritual retreat called Kairos and I'm packing. I've got all the necessities (YES, Mom. I packed extra socks and underwear.) (YES, Gramma, I packed my own sheets.) (YES, Barb, I packed extra yarn.)

But I digress. So I'm packing right now. Look at my cute suitcase/duffle thing! Isn't it adorable?! It was a birthday present that I haven't gotten to use yet. Anyway, I'm packing the normal stuff (toiletries, clothes, pjs, etc.) but I've been warned that I should bring an extra blanket, pillow and sheets. So I had to upgrade to the larger size of duffle bag (I started with the smaller size. I mean, it's only a 3 night thing. But then I realized that I couldn't squeeze in the sheets and pillow.) And I'm bringing my teddy bear, Fanya.

She's a little bit dirty.

And I'm only bringing this yarn (and this pattern) with me. Because I have to bring some more yarn with me just in case. :)

I'm looking around my room wondering if there's anything else I should take, and I can't think of anything.

Oh duh. A toothbrush. I gotta go get that...

1 comment:

N. Maria said...

Oh, the sock looks great modeled!
knackfulknitter(at)q.com
PS~It's the baby Cable on my Shaefer Anne socks. :)