Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The necessity for therapy

I wonder if, as soon as I give a pair of socks away, I will feel the instantaneous need to give all the socks I make away.


I was realizing today, as I was knitting that I underestimated the size of sock that I need. I slipped it on, and I instantaneously knew that it would not fit, but I figure that I don't want to frog what I've done. Because that's painful. And I don't like to frog things. But I figure that, as Stephanie Pearl-McPhee often says, "It'll fit someone!". I think that someone happens to be Brandlyn this time. But Shh. Don't tell her.





I knitted the whole leg AND TURNED THE HEEL (TRIUMPH DANCE!!!) and it's just so lovely. I want more of this yarn. I love it... I might have to buy more. Maybe. I'm telling you. This yarn looks delectible.

But anyway.

I noticed that, once I have established a knitted object (i.e. scarf, hat, mitten) in my mind as Something I Can Do, I tend to start only making those things for other people, and rarely myself. It's like, I get all of the Screw Ups out on myself.

What is this... Generosity? Love of gifting? (Hark! Is my Grinchly heart growing bigger? Fetch the Xray!)


I dunno. I will contemplate this. Perhaps in therapy. ;) Of course, this would be after I expressed to the therapist why I want to eat my yarn.

No comments: