Sunday, February 24, 2008

Observations

I'm back!

So I took a few days off from blogging. Those days were full of

A) Work
B) Homework
C) Games of the internet persuasion (Tetris, solitaire, bejeweled, etc.)
D) Reruns
E) All of the above

So. That just about sums up last week for yall!

I have an interesting observation for yall. This last weekend, my brother had 3 of his friends stay over Friday and Saturday night. It was fun! And Brandlyn stayed on Saturday, and even though Brandy and I had to wake up early, we stayed up late (Brandy later than me) and we had girl talk (Can it be girl talk if boys were part of the group, too?), we played video games (We meaning everyone else but me, really) and we caffeinated ourselves into oblivion. (I mean, come on. What else do teenagers do?)

At one point, Brandy disappears to go talk with her boyfriend on the phone. I followed her about 15 minutes later to drag her back into the illuminating Girl Talk that Damon, Logan and I are having at this point. And I found Brandy starting to say goodbye and closing her flip phone. So I lured her into my room ("Wanna see my new yarn!?") and we started chatting, playing with yarn, and listening to the TV blaring in the other room.


Damon walks in and says "Party in here now?" and we're like, "You know it!" After this, Brandy started helping me wind a ball of yarn, and Damon just sat on the floor looking adorable. Soon after this, Logan, Duncan, and Austin came into my room and all took their respective positions around my room. Austin by the door (Quick escape?) Duncan by the Legolas stand up, and Logan on the floor with Damon. Logan asked at one point, "Got any more yarn that you need wound into a ball?"


"Psssh. Do I have any more yarn to wind into a ball. Of course I do!" And so I tossed him a hank of sock yarn.


This ensueed. (Although there is that tiny little ball in formation in the corner. That is, indeed, a start.)


Wanna see the balls that me and Brandy have wound?


See? Lookit them all neat and adorable and not looking like a watermelon-flavored noodly yarn disaster.


Well, I better get on that at some point. I can't just leave it on my floor. (Or can I?)

No comments: