Tuesday, February 5, 2008

In which I do not complain

I am royally pissed off right now. At my school's administration. About our newspaper. And it's lack of distribution, or approval. Because it's so heavy on my mind right now, I had to mention it. But any further description will probably just make me madder, and frankly, just mentioning it makes me feel better. Blogging is therapy.

In other news...


I have this incredibly small amount of yarn left from my socks. So I was thinking about what I was going to do with it, and then it hit me: MINI SOCKS!


So this took me like... most of Physics, 10 minutes of Economics, and about 15 minutes of English class. It was so easy! I put my nametag in there to show yall how tiny the sock really is... And yes, they did spell my name wrong.

And look at the new sock I'm going to knit! Doesn't the yarn just look delectable? I want to eat it. It's called "Butter Pecan"... which frankly doesn't help the "I want to eat it" thing. (I may need therapy. ;) I don't know that eating yarn is very healthy.)


Oh, and while I'm being random (sort of), I just got back from work about half an hour ago and OH MY GOODNESS. It's a Tuesday. And it's Mardi Gras. Nobody shops! My sales quota for today was $500, and I barely scraped $350. I think I sold things to two people. Two people! In four hours! It's was slow, it was dull, and I couldn't just sit on the register counter and swing my feet back and forth, or even knit or something.


(Oops. I'm complaining. I said I wouldn't complain.)


Let's reveal the Mystery Object!
It's a wee little sweater for my favorite brown-eyed-boy. (Knitted from my new wool-stash. Pattern is from Knitty, called Penny, Only the pattern is whack and if you follow it, it gives you a k2p2 seed stitch. Very strange. Also, instead of just leaving holes for legs, I added the little leg cuffs. Just pick up around edges and knit 6 or 7 rows in stockinette st.)

No comments: