Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Overall, an uneventful day

Today was a very long day.


Long in a not painful way, for once. A lot happened, and I realized while driving home that stuff that happened at school today really was this morning. It was one of those days where the morning and the afternoon are completely disconnected.


So, school was more or less uneventful. Nothing worth mentioning. Rehearsal, also not worth mentioning (except for the fact of having a rehearsal, if that makes sense.)


After this, it was 6pm. I don't have much homework to do so I decided to walk up to the school and participate in the school phoneathon for our "Annual Appeal" for money. It was actually kind of fun. Free food, and after the first five calls that I made I stopped shaking (You know that feeling of calling someone you don't know. You eventually get over it and just keep calling.) I called probably 100 people tonight and personally raised $150. For only talking to about 15 people in person, I think that's pretty good. I think that as a group we raised 5 thousand dollars tonight, which feels good.


What I thought was funny was that, when I was talking to machines, I sounded like a machine, myself. I have the overly pleasant voice of a robot, apparently.


While I was at rehearsal, I turned the heel of my sock. It was fun. I can knit socks without patterns now!!! Woot!!


In other news, CHECK OUT THE HENNA ON MY FEET! (My friend Kim did it for me. :) )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your socks! Isn't it great to not be tied down to a pattern?!
Found you through So the thing is..blog.