Friday, June 8, 2007

Wrist binding

I am officially a geek. Glasses and all. Hahaha.

This afternoon I indulged myself in a trip to Hobby Lobby to burn off a bit of money I've earned this week. -Huzzah!! Moneyyyy!!!- And I bought this sinfully soft and fluffy (and cheap!) yarn from my new favorite yarn brand, the "yarn bee". It's called "Frosting' yarn, and just like its yummy food cousin, it looks good enough to eat. So I did some research on several websites and found some general dimensions for an afghan/blanket type thing. Also, I had to figure out the complex workings of circular needles, which seem quite intricate to a straight-needle gal such as myself. But I figured them out (so I do have a few smarts) and I cast on 136 stitches and started going. Two movies later, I've done what.... 12 or 13 rows? This thing'll take a LONG time. But I was knitting for so long that my right wrist actually started to hurt! So, what would the dedicated knitter do? Of course I bind it and keep going.

So that's why I'm a geek. Because I actually knit myself into injury.

(And because I know you're all on the edge of your seats, biting your nails with worry, I just took off the wrap and my wrist feels fine now.)

1 comment:

Barb Matijevich said...

You can call it "Extreme Knitting." I think they are thinking about adding it to the Olympics --but the injury rate is very high.