Sunday, October 11, 2009

What my blog is - and will be.

So recently I've been doing a lot of thinking about my blog.

I'll be honest, I don't like to put bad or sad things on my blog - I don't want to worry you guys. But recently, I have been feeling like only writing about things like fun times and school are lies by omission, do you know what I mean?

I don't want my blog to be a big lie by omission.

Dad asked me the other day why I blog... and I honestly don't know why. It started off as "well, everyone seems to have one". It turned into "Well, I might as well continue, since I've been doing it for a while." And then it turned into a status-report of my life to my family and friends.

And I have been wondering if that is a good enough reason TO blog at all? Couldn't I just call you all, or send you emails?

Because isn't a blog a place to share your thoughts and life with other people? That is what it is to me, and that is what I feel like it started out as. I find that as time went on, with the readers came caution. I want to do my best to include all of the good times - and the bad - in my blog from now on.

I love you all and I count myself so blessed that I have so many people who love me enough to read these every time they arrive in your inbox.

No comments: