Monday, October 12, 2009

Save a life, hug a blood drop?

Today is the beginning of the week-long blood drive going on at the UT campus. Every year APO sponsors it, and every year hundreds of people volunteer to give blood.

It's APO's biggest fall event and it happens to be an excellent way to get practically all of your required hours! (Of the 35, I have 10 so far, and will be working 20 hours, and get credit for 22 because Friday counts for time and a half!)

So if you can, come out and donate blood!

I worked at two different buses today and got two tshirts for it! (You get a tshirt after donating, by the way!)

Give blood, save 3 lives. They told me they were going for a "soccer shirt" kind of look. Works for me!


This one I think is hilarious, but I had to be told what it meant! ("Get 'giraffe' down here and give blood," Say it aloud - that might help!)


This was the fun bus I worked at most of the day off of Guadalupe St. Fun colors! (They're the ones that give you the giraffe shirt.) We kept Buddy B. Drop around with us all day and took turns in the suit.


Buddy is a drop of blood. Which is kind of creepy when you think about it, but he's clearly a happy blood drop.

I figured that if I was telling all of these people to donate, it would be pretty hypocritical of me to not do it myself, so after my shift was over I climbed into the bus and gave blood! My first time to ever do so.


They apparently had a hard time finding a vein (they're deep in there?) and then they had time drawing the blood out of me (It was really slow - my body reluctant to give it up?) and now it's kind of sore and I'm sure there will be a bruise there tomorrow.

Go Donate!

(If you want to, call me or send me a text message and ask me where I'll be if you want to donate at 'my' bus!)

No comments: