Monday, October 26, 2009

Shelves, mirrors, babies and musicals

It's like almost one in the morning and I'm starving. So... rice is on the stove. Super delicious!

Look what I made today!


A second, much-needed bookshelf to put more stuff on. Thing is... I need more book ends now! (What a good birthday present idea!)

Also, I finally got my mirror on the wall. (which, now I see it, is vaguely crooked.)


And... I have installed some excellent boy repellent into my car...


I'm picking up my favorite baby, Emma, from daycare twice a week now. I missed Emma so much! She's gotten bigger already. She eats like a beast (I don't know where she puts it all!) and she can sit up and balance herself pretty well already.


Oh, and she can clap. It is so adorable!

Tonight, I got all dressed up and went to see the musical Spring Awakening with my friends Karynna and Katlin. Let me say first, whuh!, and wow! It was so good! The musical is based off of a German play, and most of the characters are German schoolkids in their teenage years, who are all discovering their various sexual urges and the social taboo of them acting on it.

But contrasting the "conservative" times and messages being passed onto the children (or, well, messages not being passed onto the children) all of the songs (written by Duncan Sheik, who I am a huge fan of) are rock-themed, and it works perfectly. If it rolls through your area, go see it. But, um, don't bring your kids. (Unless you're comfortable with them watching the main characters have sex on stage. Twice. It's your call!)

Right, well, rice is ready. I'm going to shovel some food into me and then hit the sack.

No comments: