Wednesday, August 26, 2009

UT - Day 1!

Today, my day started a good six hours earlier than it did yesterday. That should give you a clue as to how the last month of my life has been!

I watched the sun rise this morning (in a "I face west and can watch the sky lighten" manner) and made myself a cup of coffee and some toast and read a few pages of my book before heading off to my first 8am class at around 7:30.

My first class is an Intro to Teaching class that I have only once a week. My guess is that the class will be a breath of fresh air. It doesn't seem like a terribly difficult class. No final exam, very few tests... 1 hour a week. Ahhhh...

My next class was my Intro to Classical Mythology class, and I believe that this one will genuinely be an interesting class, but will challenge me with the tests (no multiple choice!!). I get to read and familiarize myself with Greek myths, which I have always wanted to do, but have never actually done. I hope that it turns out to be an easy class that happens to have a lot of reading.

In the afternoon, I have my Politics class. It's a class that will compare our democracy to others, specifically those of Sweden, Mexico, and Russia. The professor seems like a really funny guy who has the thickest German accent I have ever heard! It was like I was listening to Franz Liebkind from The Producers teach. I think the class will be very fast-paced and demanding of me. I'm a bit nervous (there'll be about 100 pages of reading every week, which up until now has never been requested of me), but I hope I can rise to the challenge.

My last class of the day is my Masterworks of English Literature which I am REALLY looking forward to. English is my thang. Even better, the professor made an announcement: "You will write no papers in this class." I have never heard a collective sigh so universal throughout a student body! (And after the sigh came applause). Applause break number two? He will, on occasion, cancel class on Friday if he thinks we're moving at a good pace.

So all in all, I had a long day and heard "Read x number of pages for the next class" more often than I would have liked but I am ready for tomorrow.

What's in store for you tomorrow? Chemistry AND Psychology. Aren't you just so excited?

No comments: