Monday, August 31, 2009

Reasons Why I Am a Winner

It's Monday today, in case any of you happened to miss it. Some weeks, Monday really gets me down, but today I beat Monday (fairly) into a pulp.

I got up on time and got to class EARLY. Stefanie = 1. Mondays = 0.

I stopped for a smoothie for breakfast along the way. Stefanie = 2. Mondays = 0.

I hadn't quite finished the reading assignment for my first class. Stefanie = 2. Mondays = 1.

I lounged about on the South Mall for an hour or so and finished that reading after class. And read today's assignment too. Stefanie = 3. Mondays = 1.

It was fabulous weather today (and by fabulous, I mean not a hundred million degrees. It was closer to 93 or so). Stefanie = 3. Mondays = 2. (I give that one to Monday. I don't control the weather.)

I went and signed up for trial days of copy editing at the Daily Texan, UT's newspaper. Stefanie = 4. Mondays = 2.

I informed my English Lit professor of the correct whereabouts of Bath, England. Stefanie = 5. Mondays = 2.

I went to Knit Night and successfully taught one of my mom's coworkers and her mother how to knit. Stefanie = 6. Mondays = 2.

I bought lovely chunky baby alpaca yarn for a deliciously soft (insert some kind of winterwear)... it's burnt orange! Stefanie = 7. Mondays = 2.

My chocolate milk was bad. Stefanie = 7. Mondays = 3.

I made delicious macaroni and cheese for dinner tonight. Stefanie = 8. Mondays = 3.

SO THERE.

I beat Mondays fair and square. Take THAT, Mondays! Fear me....

No comments: