Thursday, August 13, 2009

Catch up!

A lot of stuff has happened in the last week, but I don't have enough energy to put it into a long and detailed blog.

Unfortunately, I caught the cold that all of the Coopers had when I was staying with them (love you guys!), so a lot of my life has been lived on the couch the last few days. (Really, this was the best week to get a cold - just cause I have nothing else to do other than sit on my couch and watch movies. So perhaps this is the perfect excuse to watch all of those Next Top Model marathons that are on every day?) In any case - my throat hurts, I think my nose is channeling a faucet because it won't stop dripping, and I've lost (and found) my voice several times today.

But I have a few things about the last week that I'd like to mention!

1) My mom turned her first heel today! (and I told her "Oh, the cleverness of you!" just like you taught me, Barb!)

2) Brandlyn is my best(est) friend ever. She came over and kept me company and made me soup! I couldn't taste the soup (stuffy noses do that to you), but it looked delicious.

3) I have never (and likely will never) see so many cucumbers as I did at the Cooper Clubhouse last week. I counted 30 on their counter... and that was after some vicious pickling extravaganzas!

4) I picked up the keys to my new apartment this afternoon and started moving a few things in! (By a few things I mean: a few pots, a few books, the internet connection, and assorted other things I could fit into my car.) Tomorrow, more assorted things go too! (like more pots, mugs, a shower curtain, toilet paper, and MUCH, MUCH MORE!) (<-- I'm like my own used car commercial!) The Tour of Le Apartment will come soon. I can't wait to move in. Big stuff will be moved on Sunday - like the couch, the kitchen table, etc.

Hopefully my blogs will kick back up as it gets closer to the school year. School starts (for me) on the 26th - so if you call me and I'm still in bed... we have a problem.

No comments: