Monday, August 17, 2009

Settled! (Mostly...)

Guess who is sitting at her desk in her room with her bed and everything set up?

If you guessed me, you're right!

It's so great to be in my new space and anticipating the next year to come. It feels good to feel comfortable in my new apartment right off the bat, too. Everything is just right here.

Sleeping in my bed for the first time last night was an experience. My air conditioning blows right onto my bed (which I will change. Soon.) and because our A/C is a little weird we have to keep it uber cold, because if we up it at all it skips 73-79 and goes straight to 80. So it's either unbearably hot... or we just layer on the blankets. (We should get that fixed soonish).

At the moment, I'm having a difficult time putting into words how relieved I am to feel like I am DONE moving things. I know that it is unfinished, but all the stuff that is left is really little - nothing big is missing. And it feels like home already. And every evening I get to see the sun set over Guadalupe St. It seems prettier here - I don't know why.

The sounds of the city - even a smaller one like Austin - are taking some getting used to as well. This morning I was woken by a siren. No big deal, but it was a first for me.

Now I am sure you guys want to see my room, so here it is! It's video time! (Do you guys like the videos? I like making them. They're not edited or anything, but it's fun.)

No comments: