Thursday, July 26, 2007

Damn I'm good

This is just one of those days.

One of those days: Noun. A day in the life of someone with a relatively normal life in which nothing particularly interesting occurs. Also which the person is in any way, shape or form tired and/or restless. See: Off day.

Are we clear? Good.

So I am particularly restless. One of those feelings where you really want to do something, but don't actually want to get off your lazy bum and act in the impulse. So I was perusing some of my original fiction on fictionpress.com and I was reading through this particular collection of short stories that I've been compiling since last September... just stuff that's no longer than two or three pages in length and is quite random in content. Stuff that you write while in Math or Theology classes when you don't want to pay attention but still want to appear like you're taking notes. (But if you're mother and are reading this, of course I never do that! I always pay attention in class!)

So while reading these short stories, I reached the opinion of: Damn, I'm good.

Sometimes I'll write stuff that when I go back and read it feels like I wasn't the one who was reading it. I can really visualize the imagery of the story and really see what was going on in the scene. Sure, I'm an amateur writer but sometimes I'll see something that just makes me step back and realize that I really am a good writer (which I tend to forget all too often).

So right now I am on the top of the world. And it feels good.

No comments: