Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Behind the bookshelves

So, I kind of realized something today.

I'm much braver in my imagination!

And it's not only 'brave'... it's kind of one of those things where I can see myself doing something in my imagination, but would NEVER, EVER, EVER do it in real life.

Which is why today I found myself behind a bookshelf staring at a boy today when I was at the local library today.

He was really nice (he held the door open for me! And he even apoligized for almost hitting my car with his car. Haha). And you know what thrills me the most? He was at the library. Returning a book. Which means... he can READ! But basically after the, "Sorry I almost hit your car," "Yeah, I guess I should have been paying more attention anyway, it was my fault, too." conversation that we had, I left to go peruse the shelves. And then when I went to check out, he was standing there chatting with his friend behind the desk. And while I had every intention of waltzing up there, checking out my books, sending him a flirty smile, and then waltzing out the door, instead I jumped into the audiobooks section and peered through the cracks until he left.

For a loosely-based-on-fact-but-really-nowhere-near-the-truth version of the events (I even wrote about it!) click the link: http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2244814/12/

So yeah...

I guess sometimes we find ourselves behind the bookshelves peering out and wishing we were out there instead.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

the sorry-i-hit-your-car-but-not-that-sorry cup of coffee...mmm mmm good.