Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Memories of 2011 - a photographic representation

In no particular order... Here are some of my favorite memories of 2011.

I visited many famous graves - JRR Tolkien, Jane Austen, Charlotte Bronte, Douglas Adams,  Karl Marx, William Shakespeare... the list goes on!


The Texas Snowpocalypse occurred in the middle of the night - and Ally and I went running around campus and to the capitol building in our pajamas!
We went to visit my Gramma, who I hadn't seen in many years. Duncan and I took some lovely photos of her backyard!

At the beginning of the summer, a friend of mine took some fun photos of me, which I have used for many a facebook profile picture.

I hung curtains in my room, which has really made a difference. I love the blue and green filtered light, especially when I wake up in the morning.

I saw Siobhan! :D

I ate at the Texas Embassy in London and drank the most expensive Lone Star I'll ever drink! £4.

I studied at Wadham College in Oxford for five weeks. No big deal!

I ran the flag with APO at every home football game... and one away!

Emma swung all by herself for the first time! (She was unsure about it at first, but quickly warmed up to the idea!)

I got my UT class ring. Hook 'em Horns!

I found the world's COOLEST roommate ever!  (This is the Whole Foods parking for family of employees!)

I acquired some fancy prescription sunglasses.

 I knitted my first baby blanket.

I got to read Harry Potter for school. (For my Children's literature class!)

I got a fancy-schmancy new laptop (which I LOVE.) 
I read a bunch of classics, and LOVED them all. 

I got Toms shoes, and boy are they COMFY. Great close-toed option when flip flops aren't viable. (i.e. in December)

I played Lord of the Rings Monopoly with my family (and witnessed a showdown between Katie and Duncan that will go into the history books!)

I saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt. 2 in 3D IMAX, in London, at midnight of the opening day. My friends brought wands!

I saw a play at Shakespeare's Globe Theater for the first time.

I visited the Roman baths in Bath, England.

I played on a piano in Jane Austen's house. (No big deal or anything, of course!)

I visited the Stourhead Gardens, where a scene from the more recent Pride and Prejudice movie was  filmed.

I got to see Annie and meet Sean while in London. (They are two of my favorite people!)

I got to see another of my favorite people (Kerry-Lynn) get married.

I posed with Hook 'Em on the field before a flag run.

I participated in APO history, and ran one of four flags in the pregame at the Texas Tech game.

I played with Miss Emma a lot.

I baked delicious French Bread for the first time.

I ran the flag at the Holiday Bowl.

I fell in love with little Emma even more. (Sorry, I can't help it.)

I wrote a lot.

Sometimes when Emma is eating, she asks to hold my hand. Who could resist that?  (Gratuitous photos of Emma are unceasing!)

I got Maureen Johnson to revenge sign my copy of Paper Towns by John Green, and achieved temporary internet fame on Tumblr when John reblogged me.
Finally had a class at Starbucks!


2011 was extraordinary. Here's to 2012 and all the changes it brings.

1 comment:

Kris Gotham said...

What a lovely year! Here's to an even better 2012!