Friday, January 13, 2012

Breakathon Readathon Review: The Fault in our Stars


I have been waiting for this book for MONTHS - ever since John Green announced on his youtube channel when it was going to be released - and I have to say... it's been well worth the wait. Going in, I knew that this story would be a tough one to read. I had been staying away from spoilers on the internet (because there are plenty more people in this world who read faster than I do, and I began reading it two days after its release), but the one "spoiler" I had seen seemed to be quite universal: people cried when they read this book. I also knew that it had to do with people who had cancer... but that was it. I have only good things to say about this book, really, but the most important thing is that I cried, too. John comes to town next weekend, and I can't WAIT to hear him talk!

Likelihood I'll reread: 100% (after I've recovered a little, of course)
Likelihood I'll recommend: 100%

-----

Total Pages: 4481

1 comment:

France said...

This book was too personal for me. It reminded me a lot of Esther, probably because I saw her dedication at the beginning and couldn't stop thinking about her after that, but I also know what it feels like to be dying. I know what it's like to feel like a grenade and this book just hit me hard. It was very well written, I'm a huge fan of John's style of writing, and it made me feel things the way a good book is supposed to make one feel, yet it only depressed me.