Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Breakathon Readathon: The Results

The results are in for the Breakathon Readathon. Leslie: 1204 pages Stefanie: 4902 pages Now, I don't exactly WIN anything, but I sure do feel good that I won! The Breakathon Readathon began with the wish to read stuff that we hadn't read before - that it was time to take an intellectual break from everything that we had to read for school and set out to enjoy ourselves in fun, extracurricular reading. What the readathon reminded me was that I love reading and that I really need to read more books for fun. It also reminded me that I read at an absolutely ridiculous pace. That said, I have a TON of reading to do for this semester. I am taking two British Literature classes and reading something like seventeen or eighteen books; I really need to begin doing the reading for those classes! I think I'll go grab some lunch on campus and then take myself away to begin reading D.H. Lawrence's "Sons and Lovers"! And after that, begin reading my first Dickens novel, "Great Expectations".

No comments: