Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Ridiculous

I would like to share with you, my lovely readers, something absolutely ridiculous that I encountered tonight:


(Click to embiggen)

Mom and I spent a good fifteen minutes trying passwords and having them rejected.

(For obvious reasons, I won't TELL you what the password was, but, broken down, it looks something like this: ********

Yall have fun with that. ;) )

What is even MORE ridiculous is that we tried things like putting the @ sign before a series of numbers (because, you might note, the @ sign is legal) but it took it to mean that @ stood for 'a'. We couldn't use 8, because it looked too much like 'B' to the computer, and we couldn't use a real word longer than four letters, so we had to make a word up in the end. Do you know how many abbreviations of words have four letters in them and are still considered words? It seemed like we picked them all.

The moral of the story is to never underestimate the power of IT people who have way too much time on their hands.

-----

Sweater coming along nicely. Will run out of yarn soon if my LYS (local yarn shop) doesn't restock soon. They only had one skein of my desired color when I went in to buy. :(

No comments: