Monday, June 8, 2009

My First Sweater!

I was driving home from work this afternoon and it was 100 degrees outside. And I'm knitting myself a sweater!

(All the ladies at knit night agree it's about time I knitted myself something!)

I've decided to knit my first sweater and so far it's going swimmingly. Of course, as you can tell, it is clearly difficult and challenging in many, many ways. (Ahem... stockinette stitch.)




This was taken before knit night tonight, so it's a little bigger... but not by much. I knitted for a good three(ish) hours and already I can tell that I could be being a wee bit ambitious to hope that I can have this finished for the Harry Potter movie opening in a month and six days. But then again, I have been known to churn out an entire sock in an afternoon when I want to. Perhaps with a little love, determination (God knows I have buckets full of determination), and some excellent naps from Emma I can get it done!

The pattern is the Weasley Sweater from Charmed Knits, because it delights me to be so dorkish! I'm knitting it with Cascade Heather 220 (The blue is Midnight 9449 and the silver is Misty Lilac 9324. Although honestly, I don't see how it's lilac at all. It's definitely silver.) Instead of having an H (or an M, like whoever-that-was in the link earlier) it'll have an S. For Stefanie.

(Because it's my sweater and don't let me find another person who needs a size L whose name starts with an S to give it to.)

1 comment:

Becky said...

Awesome! You can definitely get it done by the time the movie comes out! I'm making a toddler weasley sweater right now, very fun & EASY knitting!