Wednesday, June 10, 2009

'Lil Birdies

Welcome to the front of my house. Waaaaaay up in the right hand corner, there is a birds nest which is occupied every summer by the barn swallows when they lay their eggs.


A few weeks ago (I think two-ish) I took pictures of the hatched baby birds. They, like most baby birds, were ugly buggers who poop all over our stoop, but were adorable because they cheep-cheep-cheep all day and are babies. (Babies are ALWAYS cute!)


You can see four in that picture. And in this picture as well (taken this afternoon):


They are a lot better-looking now, right? I named them: Curly, Moe, Larry, and Tish. (The mother is named Madame Poopsalot Ondastoop)

Well, it turns out there are five little birdies. And the fifth one I will name Ralph. Ralph, you may notice, is in the process of pooping onto the stoop (which my mother just LOVES.)


(There ARE five... I'm not making it up. See?)


Being the "Talented" photographer that I am, I waited patiently with my Fancy Camera and had the action setting set on my camera so I could see the mama bird come and feed the babies. Well, all I got were some pretty cool action shots of the mama bird flying AWAY from feeding the babies because my camera doesn't shoot fast enough.


(But they are pretty cool pictures, eh?)

No comments: