Thursday, October 9, 2008

Some pictures

I went to a constellation session last night for my Astronomy class, where we identified different constellations and found Polaris and saw Jupiter through a telescope! When you focus on Jupiter, you can see 4 of it's moons and some of the stripes! It is actually one of the brightest objects in the sky. We identified Scorpio (Yeahhhh!) and Sagittarius (which is part of a set of stars that looks kind of like a teapot) and the big dipper, a constellation that looks like a swan, and another that looks like a W... and in between the W and the Big Dipper, that is where you can find Polaris, the north star... which is actually not the brightest star in the sky.

Anyway, so last night I got a fantastic shot of the moon with my uber spiffy camera. (That's a 1st quarter moon. Which I didn't even have to consult a calendar about. :D)


And while I was walking over to the science building, I got a shot of twilight.


And on campus, a pretty cool picture.


Just thought I'd share. :D The campus is beautiful at night, too.

Guess what I am doing tonight??

I'M GOING TO SEE AVENUE Q!!!

Will blog about that later.

No comments: