Thursday, October 16, 2008

Of hair dye, piercings, birthdays, and newspapers

I would have to say that this week has been a very college-life kind of week. Tomorrow is Friday, and it will be awesome in every way. (I know this. ;) )

But let's recap, shall we?

Monday night (after the blog! Can you believe I have a life that happens AFTER I blog for the day, too!?) Abby got a call from her boyfriend around 11:30 saying "I want pie. So do Dustin and Walker. We're going to get pie." And Abby said "Well, we're coming too!" so we both threw on shoes, grabbed a few bucks and went to WalMart to get pie. And then we went back to Nathan's apartment and played Rock Band until 2 in the morning. (For the record, I rocked the drums.)

Tuesday (Abby's birthday!!) started off as more than awesome, despite the fact that BOTH my an Abby's alarms did not go off. When we woke up with just enough time to run to class, but decided that it was a sign that we should sleep in and watch the lecture on the internet later. (All of our politics lectures are recorded audio AND video... otherwise I wouldn't have skipped. That class is too note-intensive to skip.) So we slept until 11, at which point we decided that it was time for coffee and tv, while we lounged around the apartment in our pajamas. We both went to our afternoon classes, and then got ready to go shopping! We went to Michael's (where we got yarn for me to make her a hat) and then went to Target to get hair dye. And then we went to La Cantera (which is an outdoor mall kind of situation) so Nathan could buy Abby a birthday present. Abby decided on a little Coach purse.


And we went to Claire's where Abby got her cartilage pierced, too!

And then we went to eat and then home to eat the MOST MAGNIFICENT CAKE that I have ever baked. (We couldn't decide on chocolate or cream cheese icing, so we got both. And then I did a whole 'half and half' thing, where the inside of the cake was the opposite frosting. It was a strawberry cake.




Last night while we were watching the presidential debates, instead of taking notes like I did last time, I dyed Abby's hair for her. It turned out really good!


So Abby's all changed up and is 19 now! (Next month, let's see what I do, eh?)

-----

Today, I went to a weekly meeting for The Paisano, which is UTSA's newspaper. There is a new issue released every Tuesday and they welcomed me and the two other new people with open arms. I am so excited about the possibility of being involved. No article for me yet, but the editor promised to email me. More on that will be sure to come!

-----

Oh... and the other day, it was drizzling very English-ly. So the Weather Frog was confused.

No comments: